Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ´s
In this section you will find solutions to different cases that may arise in the regular use of ClassInTheBox. From the microphone charging warning due to low battery, to manual pairing, to extension functionalities.
Low battery warning
The way the microphone alerts you when it is running out of battery is by flashing the blue LED 3 times every 3 seconds and turning it off. If you detect this behavior, put the microphone on charge.
Microphone and box do not pair up
When you turn on the microphone the blue LED blinks slowly. Then you must connect the box to the computer, at that moment they are paired and the blue led remains fixed. If you do these steps in order and the blue LED continues to blink, it means that the pairing has not taken place.
1. Repeat the process in order: turn on the microphone with the box disconnected from the computer and when the blue led blinks, connect it.
2. If after repeating the process they still do not pair, try another USB C cable.
3. Force manual pairing. Turn on the microphone, press the mute button for 3 seconds (the blue LED will blink rapidly) and then connect the box to the computer. They should pair, with the blue LED remaining steady.
Microphone does not turn off
If the power button does not respond, press the mute button for 3 seconds (the center button, between the volume up and volume down buttons) and disconnect the box from the computer. With the blue LED flashing fast, reconnect the box to the computer to pair them. The blue LED will remain steady and you will be able to turn off the microphone.
The volume of my voice is too low
If your interlocutor hears you too softly:
1. notice that the small raised arrow on the part just before the sponge is in front of your mouth. If it is not, hold the sponge with two fingers and turn it carefully until the arrow is positioned towards the exit of your voice.
2. Increase the volume of the microphone by pressing the upper button with the + symbol.
The system does not seem to recognize the CITB microphone
You have correctly paired microphone and box, but your computer does not seem to recognize it:
1. Before opening your favorite video conferencing platform, go into Sound Preferences of your Operating System (Windows, Mac OS or Chrome OS) and check that CITB is selected under Input. If it is not listed, try connecting with another USB C cable.
2. Now you can launch the video conferencing platform. Check that CITB is selected in the Sound Input settings.
I can't hear the audio through CITB
This is normal, don’t worry. ClassInTheBox incorporates a high quality microphone, but no headphones. If you want the sound to come out through CITB, before connecting the box to your computer you should:
1. Connect a speaker or headphones to the 3.5 mini jack audio output on the front of the box.
2. Go into Sound Preferences of your Operating System (Windows, Mac OS or Chrome OS) and check that CITB is selected under Output.
3. Now you can launch the video conferencing platform. Check that CITB is also selected in the Sound Output settings.
Step order and hot plugging
In order for the pairing to go smoothly, it is essential that the order of steps is:
1. Turn on the microphone (the blue led flashes slowly).
2. Connect the box to the computer (the blue led remains fixed).
3. Once paired, we make sure that the Audio Input and Output is the desired one in the sound preferences of our operating system.
4. Enter the desired videoconferencing platform and check that the Audio Input and Output is the desired one in the Configuration section.
If at any time, while the videoconference is running, we disconnect the microphone, change the videoconference platform, etc… and we see that the communication fails, we must turn off the microphone, disconnect the box, exit the platform and repeat the process in order again.